Message 5 in the recent winter training on the Crystallization-Study of the Psalms(2) is entitled, Christ’s eternal and unchanging existence in His resurrection. Resurrection is life that enters into death, passes through death, and emerges in resurrection aftewards! The strongest hindrance and the greatest enemy is death – but Christ passed through death, entered into resurrection, and now He holds the keys of death! Christ as resurrection life is now in us imparting this life to every part of our being to bring our whole being in resurrection! Only this life is everlasting and forever living!
areas in which the Lord Spirit might operate
In resurrection, Christ became the life-giving Spirit and He was given to be the Lord and Christ over everything. Now He is the Lord Spirit (2 Cor. 3:18) transforming our soul by imparting the resurrection life to our mind, emotion, and will… There are so many ways that the resurrection life and our appreciation for the real meaning of resurrection life impact us as members of the Body of Christ! Here are some of the ways in which the Lord Spirit may operate in us in resurrection and as the resurrected One:
- The Lord Spirit is helping us to know Christ Himself as the resurrected One. Paul links Christ with knowing the power of His resurrection (Phil. 3:10). If we do not know resurrection, we do not know Christ!
- The Lord Spirit is operating in us to know the church as an organic entity in the resurrection life of Christ. If we do not know resurrection experientially, we do not know the church intrinsically.
- When we see the resurrection life of Christ, we may become willing to experience the cross as described in Song of Songs chapter 3. We will be lifted out of our introspection and self-examination and we will be willing to go, at last, in the cleft of the rock and abide in the crucified Christ.
- The Lord Spirit may cause some of us to be like Paul and aspire to know the power of Christ’s resurrection, to know it experientially! For some, they may have little interest or aspiration, but the Lord will produce in you a desire to know in your experience the power of Christ’s resurrection!
- The Lord Spirit will cause us to advance in the divine romance by applying the word concerning resurrection to our being. Lord Jesus, my Beloved, I love You! Many of us may have a juvenile and undeveloped love, being stranded in Song of Songs chapter 1. Our love may not be matured to be the life of the Bride – so by the application of the resurrection life, Christ motivates us to advance deeply in the divine romance until we become the Shullamite!
- The Lord Spirit will constrain some of us to participate in the fellowship of Christ’s sufferings. Why is He suffering? The Body of Christ needs to be built up – and there are some who are experiencing Christ’s sufferings to make up for the afflictions of Christ for the Body of Christ. All this is in and by the resurrection life – but if none of us participate in this, the building is delayed!
- This word will be applied to our natural ability and our natural strength, leading us into dealings with our natural constitution, so that all of our God-created and developed abilities will no longer be natural but in resurrection! Our resurrected abilities can be used by the Spirit and will be honored by the Body of Christ!
- By resurrection, the Lord Spirit will cause us serve in the church, and we will do so by the eternal principle of death and resurrection. We may be so capable, so able, and yet so natural! But Christ as the Lord Spirit wants to bring us in resurrection to serve in the church.
- This word will be applied to our being to give us the longing to experience the out-resurrection, the gradual resurrection of our entire inner being! We don’t want to get into our 70s or 80s and all would be displayed is our disposition! O, Lord, may resurrection life operate in us to resurrect gradually every part and even change us in our disposition!
- The Lord Spirit may apply this word so that by the God of resurrection, the God of all comfort, we may comfort those in afflictions with the comforting with which we ourselves have been comforted by God. Who can comfort the ones who lost everything due to natural calamities, or those in distress? Only those who know the God of resurrection comforting them in their afflictions…
- The result of the operating of the Lord Spirit in resurrection in us is that our prayers will be in resurrection – typified by the incense with the frankincense. There is a struggle many times in the prayer meetings because of some who are praying in a natural way, thereby inhibiting the power of resurrection to be released! O, Lord, our way of praying – may it be in resurection!
- The Lord Spirit will apply this word to our being so that we may be a living testimony of the resurrected Christ – not a preacher, a pastor, or a teacher, but a testimony, a witness, one who gives a direct experiential account of the reality of the resurrected Christ!
- The application of this word will cause some to have the budding rod in their God-appointed ministry, making them a genuine representative of the One who has all the authority in heaven and on earth! May the Lord eradicate from His recovery any abusive use of the authority and any authoritariasm! May there be the budding rod with almonds and flowers!
- The Lord Spirit will use this word to train some to detect the attack of death upon the church. Some need to be aware of it and be trained to defeat it! The ultimate war is between the gates of Hades, death, and the church built up in Christ’s resurrection life! We need to reign in life over death in any of our meetings, in our family life, or the attacks of death in our being! Satan’s power ends at death – but the Body is in resurrection! We are not afraid of Him – Satan is afraid of us as the Body of Christ!
- For the future of the Lord’s recovery, the Lord Spirit WILL operate in many brothers to produce ministry in resurrection! The Lord will touch their natural ability and they will not trust their gift. They will become beings in resurrection, and they can continue the New Testament ministry in resurrection! What a glory to God to see capable, able, eloquent brothers who are FINISHED, terminated, and fully filled with the resurrection life in their abilities! Give yourself to the Lord out of aspiration for such a ministry!
- The Lord Spirit may use this word to bring us into the experiences of resurrection so that we may live in the reality of the Body of Christ!