Hallelujah for the precious blood of the Lamb! This morning I was filled with appreciation for the blood of Jesus Christ – an eternal blood (since He offered Himself to God through the eternal Spirit), an efficacious blood, a prevailing blood, and a speaking blood! His blood speaks more than the blood of Abel (which spoke revenge from the ground) – His blood speaks “forgiveness” and “cleansing”!
When the Lord Jesus died on the cross, He fulfilled the types of all the offerings – He offered Himself to God as an all-inclusive sacrifice on the cross to take deal with all the negative things in the world! On the cross He shed His blood – which is for our redemption, for our forgiveness, and so much more!
Here are some aspects I enjoyed regarding the blood the Lord Jesus shed for us on the cross:
- The Blood of Christ is the blood for our redemption. We were lost and sold ourselves under the usurpation of Satan and even under the law, but through His death on the cross and based on His blood, Christ redeemed us back to God! For the redemption to be proper, Christ had to be the perfect sacrifice – through His life and death on earth He fulfilled all the righteous, holy, and glorious requirements of God, and He then paid the ransom for us. He who had no sin nor ever tasted sin was made sin for us – to redeem us out of the curse of the law and out of the usurpation of Satan! Through His blood we have been redeemed!
- Christ’s blood is for our forgiveness. As the Lamb of God, Christ died for us and shed His blood. With the shedding of blood, now there is forgiveness of sins! Someone died on our behalf and shed His blood so that we may be forgiven! This is the perfect blood of the perfect God-man, washing away all our sins and trespasses! We have the blood of Christ applied to us not only initially when we receive the Lord – but even daily whenever we come to the Lord and He shines on us, we cooperate with Him and confess our sins – the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ washes away any sin and cleanses us from sins (1 John 1:9)!
- The blood of Christ is the blood of the covenant, even the blood that enacted the new covenant! A covenant is an agreement between two parties, and to enact this covenant there is the need for the shedding of blood. God enacted the old covenant and blessed the people of Israel for keeping it – because of the blood that was shed by their sacrifices on the altar. In the New Testament, God wants to give us a new covenant – He wants to Give Himself to us (all He is, all He has accomplished, all He has obtained and attained – everything) as a covenant! He wants to give us a new heart and a new Spirit to seek Him and to love Him! When the Lord Jesus died on the cross, His blood enacted the new covenant – now we can enjoy God as our portion and as our everything! Through the blood of the covenant, we are now entitled to come to Christ, our portion, and claim Him as our life, our supply, our everything! The blood of the covenant brings us into all the divine blessings!
- The blood of Jesus Christ brings us into the Holy of Holies – it brings us into God! In Heb. 10:19 it says, Having therefore, brothers, boldness for entering the Holy of Holies in the blood of Jesus. The Holy of Holies is the place where only the High Priest could enter in the Old Testament, and he went in there not to “do something” for God, but just to be with God and be infused with God. Today God wants us to come all the way into the Holy of Holies based on the blood of Jesus Christ – to spend time with Him in our mingled spirit and be infused with God! The blood of Jesus Christ made all this possible – we can now enjoy God, we can behold His beauty, and we can receive His infusion! Here in the Holy of Holies the blood is sprinkled – God looks at the blood and He is satisfied, and He can be with us and He can infuse us! Enjoying God in this way produces us as God-men, men of God, men with the divine life and nature fully expressing God and shining Him out!
Daily we can turn to the Lord and have fellowship with Him – and as we come into the light, the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from every sin! Even more, we can “wash our robes and come to eat of the tree of life” – we can come to the Lord to enjoy all His riches! He is so rich, so full, so all-inclusive!
Christ is our portion – He has been covenanted to us, and based on the blood of Christ, we can enjoy Him! We can come forward with boldness to the throne of grace in the Holy of Holies in the blood of Jesus! Hallelujah, we can spend time with God to be infused with Him and behold His beauty!
- Sharing inspired by the Holy Word for Morning Revival on the Crystallization-study of Isaiah(2) / life-study of Exodus msg 79 by brother Witness Lee. Read this portion also in Spanish / Puede leer esta porción también en español, ¡Por la sangre de Cristo somos redimidos, perdonados y disfrutamos a Dios en el lugar Santísimo!
Thank You Lord for Your precious blood! We have been redeemed by Your blood! We are no longer under the usurpation of Satan nor under the curse of the law! Praise the Lord – we can have our sins washed and forgiven through Your blood! What an efficacious blood! What a precious blood! Thank You we can come to God to enjoy God based on the blood of Jesus Christ! We can even come all the way into the Holy of Holies to be in the heart of God! Thank You Lord Jesus for opening a new and living way through Your blood!
Latest posts by aGodMan (see all)
- God’s Covenant with Abraham: Receiving the Life-Giving Spirit as the God’s Blessing - October 8, 2015
- God’s Covenant with Noah and the Rainbow: Enjoy God’s Faithfulness and His Promises - October 7, 2015
- Becoming the Man-Child by being Inwardly Strengthened and by Pray-Reading the Word - October 6, 2015