If we love the Lord and seek Him in His word we need to realize that, according to the divine revelation in the Bible, the Roman Catholic Church is the apostate church which teaches the deep things of Satan, for Satan’s concept and deep thought has saturated the apostate church.
We need to see this matter in the same way that God sees it, and we need to hate, come out of, and stay away from what God hates.
First of all, the church should have the position of a woman, and the Lord as the Word of God is the Man, the One who can speak, teach, and say Yes or No, right or wrong. But for some reason, throughout the centuries, the Catholic church has appointed herself as a prophetess, and she teaches the people, leading them astray from the Lord into idol worship and fornication (see Rev. 2:20).
The church should never presume to be authorized to speak for God: the church takes Christ as her Head, person, and life, and it is Christ who speaks in His word – and we all enjoy Him, are filled with Him, and speak what He speaks.
The church should not be involved in politics, neither should the church teach anything different or besides what the Bible teaches; rather, the church should focus only on the word of God and should nurture the function of all the members for the building up of the church.
Christianity has been corrupted to the core by this more than one billion people church – the Roman Catholic Church, a self-appointed prophetess, an abomination in God’s eyes.
The pure and simple church of Christ is one who learns from Him, listens to Him, abides in His word, and yearns for the Lord’s return; the apostate church is a teaching woman, causing her people to listen to her rather than to the holy word of God, and her adherents are drugged by her heretical religious teaching.
The Lord prophesied concerning the evil and pagan things coming into the church as He spoke of a woman adding leaven to three measures of fine flour; now the Catholic church is big, full of evil things.
Oh, may the Lord expose the apostate church and all her evil teachings and actions, and may many genuine seekers of the Lord be rescued out of her!
The Roman Catholic Church, the Apostate Church, Teaches the Deep Things of Satan
According to Rev. 2:24, the Roman Catholic Church – the apostate church – teaches “the deep things of Satan”. These deep things denote figuratively mysterious things, deep things of Satan.
The Roman Catholic Church has many mysteries or deep doctrines, which are much worse than the synagogue of Satan (Rev. 2:9) or dwelling where the throne of Satan is (2:13).
First, the church in Sardis suffered persecution from the synagogue of Satan, then it became worldly and dwelled where the throne of Satan is, and now the apostate church it is even more serious: Satan has come into the church and has saturated the church with himself, and the church teaches the deep things of Satan.
The Roman Catholic Church teaches the mysterious and deep things of Satan, for Satan has saturated her with his thought, his mysterious things, his mind, and his concept. Instead of the church being the Body of Christ, the embodiment of Christ, the apostate church – the Roman Catholic Church – has become the embodiment of Satan. Oh Lord Jesus!
Christ dwells in the church, and the church is the Body of Christ, but the apostate church is indwelt by Satan, and Satan’s deep things are expressed, manifested, and taught in it. The apostate church has many mysteries or deep doctrines; these are the deep things of Satan, the mysterious teachings of Satan – the satanic philosophy.
There are things from the Bible in the Roman Catholic Church, and they say they are based on the Bible, but actually what they teach are the mysterious teachings of Satan, the satanic philosophy. Some of these mysterious things of Satan – the deep things of Satan – that the Roman Catholic Church teaches are:
- The veneration of Mary, the mother of Jesus; they assume that she went to heaven when she died, and now she’s the mother of God and the queen of the heave (just as Asherah, an idol in the Old Testament). Nowhere in the Bible such a thing is mentioned, and the Bible clearly says we should not worship anyone but God – especially no man (or woman).
- The papal infallibility: the fact that the pope is infallible, that he’s the representative of God on earth, and that what he says is the word of God and he’s never wrong – this is an abomination to God, for only Christ is the Word of God, He is the Head of the church, and only God is never wrong.
- Worshipping and praying to the saints: this is pure idol worship, taught by the Catholic church “in the name of God” for men to worship idols with Biblical names. The Catholic church has thousands of “saints”, that is, idols, and the Catholic cathedral / churches are idol worship temples.
- Festivities such as Christmas (the birth of the sun God), easter, lent, together with penance, pilgrimages, and processions. These are all pagan and evil practices brought into the church and even taught in the apostate church. Nowhere in the Bible are we commanded to do these things, but they became the deep things of Satan in the Catholic church.
- The deep things of Satan in the Catholic doctrine include (and are not limited to): baptismal regeneration (they believe that babies are regenerated by being sprinkled with water by the priest), the mass (they believe the bread becomes the body of Christ and the wine, the blood of Christ), purgatory (prayer for the dead to reduce their suffering), confessional (confessing sins to the priest – and not to God), etc.
- The rosary and its prayer, the sign of the cross, candles, lamps, priests, calling a young man “father” – all these are pagan and evil things, even the deep and mysterious things of Satan practiced and taught in the Catholic church.
- The monks, nuns, and clerical celibacy: nowhere in the Bible are we commanded this, but this became a deep thing of Satan practiced and taught in the apostate church.
- The papal sovereignty, the Vatican being a city-state with diplomatic relations with hundreds of nations: this is spiritual fornication of the apostate church with all the kings of the world.
For more details on the deep things of Satan as they are taught in the Roman Catholic Church – the apostate church – I recommend the following books, The Orthodoxy of the Church (by Watchman Nee), and, The Two Babylons (by Alexander Hislop).
May the Lord have mercy on His seeking ones in the apostate church, and may many find the Lord in His word and through the ministry of the apostles! It is good to open to the Lord and pray for these one billion professing Catholics,
Lord Jesus, we pray for Your seeking ones who are held and drugged by the Roman Catholic Church, the apostate church. Lord, save them from under the teaching of the deep things of Satan. Bring many to the light of the truth in Your word. Arrange many divine and mystical appointments between Your seeking ones in the Catholic Church and real believers who love You. Lord Jesus, rescue many out of the Great Babylon before she is judged by You! May many come out of her and into the proper church life to enjoy Christ and be part of the Lord’s pure testimony!
The Proper Church is the Body of Christ Teaching the Mysteries of God’s Economy
The proper church according to the Bible is the Body of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23), but the apostate church is the embodiment of Satan. Christ indwells the church, but Satan indwells the apostate church in a subtle way through the teaching of the deep things of Satan.
The teaching of Jezebel, the evil self-appointed prophetess, leads the Lord’s slaves away and conveys the deep things of Satan. There are many mysterious and deep things of Satan being taught in the Roman Catholic Church, but in the church of God we should teach the mysteries of God’s economy: God, Christ, and the great mystery of Christ and the church (Col. 2:2; Eph. 3:3-5, 9; 5:32).
We need to stay close to the apostles’ teaching in the word of God so that we may be constantly purified, sanctified, and kept as the Lord’s pure and shining testimony on earth.
If we deviate even a little from the apostles’ teaching, if we just add or subtract something from the word of God, we may end up like the apostate church.
One of the main things the Catholic church practices is adding something of man (instigated by Satan) to the word of God to make it more palatable to others, thinking that it is too difficult to understand the word of God by yourself.
They say that the teaching of the Bible is too difficult for men to understand, so they need to add some things or not teach other things.
This evil woman…is gilded with gold, precious stones, and pearls, the very materials with which the New Jerusalem is built….To be gilded means to wear a facade, to be superficially attractive, to have a pleasing or showy appearance that conceals something evil. Her appearance is attractive outwardly, but she is detestable inwardly. This woman also has a golden cup full of abominations and the unclean things of her fornication. In typology, gold signifies the divine nature. Apparently, this evil woman holds something of God, but actually she is inwardly full of abominations. (Life-study of Revelation, p. 164, by W. Lee)
May we be those who seek to be overlaid and constituted with gold and transformed into precious stones so that we may become the New Jerusalem and not the gilded Great Babylon. May we remain in the mysteries revealed in the Bible – the mystery of Christ, the mystery of God, and the great mystery of Christ and the church, God’s economy.
May we be and remain in the proper church as the embodiment of Christ, and may we stay away from the deep things of Satan and his mysteries.
If we have a heart for the Lord and for His recovery, we must thoroughly know this apostate church and, as she deserted the Lord, we must desert her and help others come out of her to be God’s people.
Lord Jesus, thank You for making us the church, the Body of Christ. Thank You for giving us the mysteries of God’s economy – God, Christ, and Christ and the church. Oh Lord, keep us in the apostles’ teaching, being purified, reconstituted, and saturated with the divine truths in the word of God so that we may be Your embodiment and expression! Amen, Lord, save us and save many from the apostate church, the embodiment of Satan, where the deep things of Satan are being taught.
References and Hymns on this Topic
- Inspiration: the Word of God, my enjoyment in the ministry, the message by brother Minoru C. for this week, and portions from, Life-study of Revelation, pp. 162-164 (by Witness Lee), as quoted in the Holy Word for Morning Revival on, Returning to the Orthodoxy of the Church (2016 fall ITERO), msg. 5 (week 5), The Church in Thyatira.
- Hymns on this topic:
# To Jerusalem we’ve come, / We are through with Babylon, / We have gathered to be one, / O glory be to God! / Of the teachings we’re bereft, / All opinions we have left, / Spirit from the soul is cleft, / In the local churches now. (Hymns #1251)
# I thirsted in the barren land of Babylon / And nothing satisfying there I found; / But to the blessed local church one day I came, / Where springs of living water do abound. / Drinking at the springs of living water, / Happy now am I, / My heart they satisfy; / Drinking at the springs of living water, / O wonderful and bountiful supply! (Hymns #1234)
# Christ is the mystery of God; / God is invisible, unshown, / His image man hath never seen, / But Christ the Son hath made Him known. / Christ is the very Word of God, / He is God’s explanation true; / God’s full embodiment is He / And God’s own image brings to view. (Hymns #818)
Latest posts by aGodMan (see all)
- The Spiritual Significance of the Guardrooms, Porch, and Chambers in God’s building - September 21, 2017
- Christ is the Separating Line (the wall) and also the Gateway of God’s building - September 20, 2017
- The Qualifications for Seeing a Vision of God’s Building as seen in Ezek. 40:1-4 - September 19, 2017