Throughout the whole Bible there is a line of the river of water of life, which typifies the flowing Triune God! It starts in Genesis – right there, in the garden of Eden, after the mentioning of the tree of life, there is the river that flows and reaches out to all the earth! This river consummates in the river of water of life in the New Jerusalem, where the river of life flows from the throne and supplies the entire city of God! God Himself becomes our source of life, the water of life, for us to drink and enjoy! Here are some of the verses where we can see the river of water – the Triune God as the river of water of life:
- In Genesis 2:10-14 we see that after the mentioning of the tree of life there is the river of water that flows through the garden of Eden, and it splits in four branches – reaching out to the entire earth! The Triune God as life flows to reach out to all humanity!
- In Exo. 17:6 and Num. 20:11 we see that the rock was smitten and water flowed out. The fulfillment of this is in John 19:34 where we see that on the cross Christ was pierced and from His side came blood and water – blood for our redemption and water for our regeneration. Christ was smitten on the cross by God’s wrath, and now we can drink the living water flowing from Him!
- Psalms 46:4 says, There is a river whose streams gladden the city of God, The holy place of the tabernacles of the Most High. God the Father is the source / the well, God the Son is the course or the river, and God the Spirit is the flowing of the river of water of life… this river gladdens the entire city of God, as the people of God drink of the flowing Triune God!
- In Ezek. 47:5-9 we see that there is a river that flows from the house of God, and the more we are measured, the more this river grows and flows! The more we are measured by God, the more the Triune God can flow in and out of us. Hallelujah, there is a river flowing from the throne, from the house of God, from God’s glory!
- In John 4:10-14 the Lord Jesus points out whoever drinks of this water(any worldly water, anything that we may drink so that we may be satisfied), we will thirst again! But whoever drinks of the water from Christ – which is God in Christ as the flowing Spirit – he will never thirst forever. Even more – this water will become in the one who drinks a fountain of water gushing up into eternal life!
- 1 Cor. 10:4 says, And all drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank of a spiritual rock which followed them, and the rock was Christ. As believers we all drink of Christ as our spiritual drink – He as the rock that was cleft on the cross follows us to give us the water of life whenever we are thirsty and we need it!
- In Rev. 22:1 we see that there is a river of water of life flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb, and on both sides of the river there is the tree of life. The water of life and the tree of life richly supply the city of God and nourish the people of God!
There are so many other verses that clearly show that the entire Bible was written according to the controlling vision that the Triune God is working Himself into His chosen and redeemed people to be their life and life supply, in order to saturate their being with the Divine Trinity! The Triune God flows out of eternity into time as water of life – He flowed Himself into man to be the Lord Jesus Christ, then He became the life-giving Spirit – and now the Triune God is drinkable! He has been fully processed and consummated to become the drinkable Triune God as the Spirit! Whenever we call on the name of the Lord, O Lord Jesus, we drink of the Triune God as the living water! This is His heart’s desire – to be received and drunk by man, and then to accomplish His economy in and through man! God’s economy is accomplished through the flowing of the river of water of life! [enjoyment from the crystallization-study of Isaiah(2) - intro via, the line of the river of water of life in the Bible – the flowing Triune God!]
Thank You Lord for becoming the flowing Triune God – even the drinkable God! There is a river flowing today! We want to drink of this water that You give and You are! Lord, flow in us and flow out of us as the living water! You were smitten by God on the cross and now there is the living water flowing out to reach us wherever we are! Keep our being open to You to continually drink of You today! You are the living spring, the living water, even the water of life!
Latest posts by aGodMan (see all)
- Being Open Vessels to the Lord’s Shining within from our Spirit, the Lamp of Jehovah - December 18, 2014
- Having the Divine Reality Wrought into us to Become our Reality, Life, and Living - December 17, 2014
- Growing in Life by Having our Soul Subdued and Saturated with Christ as the Spirit - December 16, 2014