In the one week training, the one thing touched me the most was the Morning Revival Fellowship classes. These classes gave me a new and fresh view on how important morning revival is to a Christian. Many times in my life I have taken the practice of Morning Revival for granted. I did come to the Lord in the morning, I did call upon His name, but it has turned into such a routine that I did not even bother whether I am actually touching or enjoying the Lord. Why do we need Morning Revival?
- We need to be renewed every day: 2 Cor. 4:16 says that “But though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day.” We need to be renewed and revived every day. This is a real fact in our human life, and it is true also in our Christian life. As a human, we are decaying every day, so we need to turn to the Lord to be renewed day by day.
- The Lord’s mercies are new every morning: Lam. 3:22-24 says, “It is of Jehovah’s lovingkindness that we are not consumed, because His compassions do not fail; They are new every morning; great is Thy faithfulness. Jehovah is my portion.” We need to realize that every day is a complete cycle, every morning He must be our portion. In Exodus, the children of Israel came early in the morning to gather manna. Exo. 16:21 says, “And they gathered it morning by morning, each one according to his eating; and when the sun became hot, it melted.” The manna came early in the morning. In the matter of coming to the Lord to receive His mercies, we must come to Him early in the morning before “our manna melts”.
- We can take Him as our portion: We need to come to Him early in the morning to take Him as the portion of our day. As we are hungry and thirsty beings, we need to come to Him in the morning to be cleansed and renewed by His words and supplied with His mercies. The ways to take Him as our portions are by:
# Opening our mouth, by calling upon His name. Lam. 3:55-56 says, “I called upon Your name, O Jehovah, from the lowest pit. You have heard my voice; do not hide Your ear at my breathing, at my cry.” Calling on His name is not restricted to any place – all we need to do is to willingly open our mouth and call on this precious name! We need to call on the Lord’s name from the depths of our being, so that we can rejoice in Him all day long! Psa. 89:15-16 says, “Blessed are the people who know the joyful shout; they walk, O Jehovah, in the light of Your countenance. In Your name they exult all day long.”
# Drinking Him. Judg. 15:18 says, “And he was very thirsty, and he called on Jehovah.” When we wake up in the morning, we must be a person who thirsts for the Lord – and come to Him to quench our thirst. When we drink of Him, our spirit will be returned and we will be revived. Judg. 15:19 continues, “… And when he drank, his spirit returned and he was revived.”
# Eating Him through His word. God wants us to eat Him. (Gen 2:8-9, Exo. 12:11, Exo. 16:12, Deut. 8:7, 8:9-10) We need to find the word, eat His word, let His word be unto us as our food. Jer. 15:16 says, “Your words were found, and I ate them; and Your word became to me the gladness and joy of my heart.” As hungry beings, we need to find Him in His Words so that we can eat Him and make Him the joy of our heart.
Morning revival is a means for us to eat Christ and enjoy Him as our portion of the day. Whenever we open our mouth, He will cause us to eat Him(Ezek 3:1-2). When we eat His words, we will be abundantly satisfied and overcome our own problems in our daily lives(Matt. 4:4). By eating Him, we are partakers of God’s divine nature through His word (2 Pet 1:4). By enjoying Christ early, He increases in us organically, resulting in the building up of the Body of Christ and the exulting of Christ as our Head.
Hallelujah! When we are calling on the name of Jesus and by our being joined together will all those who call on Him in every place, Satan is defeated! Satan is crushed and dealt with by the Body of Christ who is practicing morning revival, who are out of the individualistic, independent and are separated from the satanic self! (Matt 16:23a) [sharing by sister Sarah S. from her top enjoyment in the recent Spring One Week Training at Bower House]
Latest posts by Christian Student (see all)
- Taking the Lead to Stand on the Unique Ground of the Church, the Ground of Oneness - January 9, 2016
- Enjoying Christ as our Provision, as seen in the book of Exodus (SA students camp summer 2011) - January 25, 2012
- we are the generation the Lord wants to use to bring Him back! (2011 winter school) - January 19, 2012