Paul’s gospel is the complete gospel and the basic gospel, speaking of Christ as the Spirit becoming one with us to be everything to us! Actually, Paul’s gospel is a Person – he preached Christ crucified, and he ministered Christ to people. Paul received the revelation of Christ in a personal way from God Himself, and he spoke of the Christ he has seen and enjoyed! Paul’s gospel is a revelation of the Triune God processed to become the all-inclusive life-giving Spirit (see 1 Cor. 15:45, 2 Cor. 3:17, Gal. 3:2, 5, 14).
the gospel is the Triune God being our life
Too long have we been under the influence of the low gospel preached in Christianity in the past. We may have been saved by such a gospel, but according to the Bible the complete gospel is not only something like “believe in the Lord so that you will not go to hell but go to heaven” – no, the gospel is much more! Paul’s gospel is centered on the Triune God being our life in order to be one with us and to make us one with Him, that we may be the Body of Christ to express Christ in a corporate way (Rom. 8:11; 12:4-5; Eph. 1:22-23).
The gospel of God – which is the gospel of Paul as seen in the book of Romans – concerns not an outward physical Christ living among men but Christ as the Spirit living within the believers after His resurrection. This is a higher and more subjective gospel than what is presented in the Gospels. Christ is now the life-giving Spirit living in our spirit, making our spirit life! When we set our mind on the spirit, our soul becomes life (Rom. 8:6). Eventually, even our physical body will be filled and saturated with the divine life (Rom. 8:16). This is the gospel!
Paul’s gospel – the entire book of Romans
Paul’s gospel is the gospel of God, and it includes the entire book of Romans, comprising all the sixteen chapters. It is not only the “gospel portions” about perdition and salvation, but every chapter in this book is the gospel of God! From God’s condemnation to justification, sanctification, glorification, transformation, and the local churches – all these are aspects of the complete gospel of God! Here are more details in Romans concerning the gospel of God:
- The gospel of God includes God’s condemnation of sinful mankind, on the self-righteous, on the religious, and on all the world (Rom. 1:18-3:20).
- The gospel of God is the gospel of justification (Rom. 3:21-5:11), which is us being joined to Christ as righteousness and being declared righteous before God.
- The gospel of God is the gospel of sanctification (Rom. 5:12-8:13) – we are identified with Christ, and we are freed inwardly in the Spirit by the indwelling Christ from the law of sin and of death operating in our flesh.
- The gospel of God is the gospel of glorification (Rom. 8:14-39) – we are created by God to be heirs if glory, made like God’s Firstborn Son, and nothing can separate us from the love of God in Christ!
- The gospel of God is the gospel of selection (Rom. 9:1 – 11:36). We have been selected by the God who calls, in His sovereignty and mercy, through righteousness which is out of faith, and through Christ! Before the foundation of the world, we were selected – and God has an economy in His selection! Praise God for His selection!
- The gospel of God is the gospel of transformation (Rom. 12:1 – 15:13). The gospel includes our practicing the Body life by the presenting of our bodies, the renewing of our mind, and living a life of the highest virtues! The gospel of God includes all the aspects of the church life – the gospel IS THE CHURCH LIFE!
[sharing inspired from the Crystallization-study of the Epistle to the Romans, msg. 1, and the outline of the Recovery Version of the Bible on the book of Romans, as partially quoted in the Holy Word for Morning Revival on, The Four Great Pillars in the Lord’s Recovery. You can purchase the morning revival book online, follow the articles on The Four Great Pillars on this blog and become a fan on Facebook for more updates. Picture source: Sunshine wallpaper]
O, Lord, open our eyes to see the gospel and speak the complete gospel! Unveil us, Lord, to see the gospel of Paul! Christ became the life-giving Spirit! The divine Spirit is mingled with our spirit and witnesses with our spirit that we are children of God! What a gospel! We are being justified, sanctified, and transformed! We are the Body of Christ expressed in the many local churches – this is the gospel!
Latest posts by aGodMan (see all)
- God placed all the Members of the Body as He Willed, each to Function in their Measure - August 16, 2017
- Meeting in Oneness, in the name of Jesus, in the Mingled Spirit, and with the Cross - August 15, 2017
- The Unique Ground of the Church – one Church in one City – in the Genuine Oneness - August 14, 2017