Everyone is on Facebook today – and this website can be a very evil, ensnaring, time consuming, lust inciting, dark, dark place. But you can be for the Lord on Facebook and declare God’s Word, share your enjoyment, post some verses, or even ask questions which help others touch the Lord. Since these days many of our friends are on Facebook, and I am honored to have as Facebook Friends lots of brothers & sisters in the Lord, lovers of Christ, and pursuers of the Lord out of a pure heart – one day I asked them this question,
what do you LOVE the most in the home meetings?
What aspect of the home meeting you really enjoy?
And here are some of the answers I got from my dear friends / co-partakers of the grace on facebook (these are only SOME of the answers people left for this question):
- Amen! 🙂 First prayer to be able to enjoy each pursuance and understanding and above all be especially appreciate the owners purpose home visitation. Because the presence of God is overflowing with each other, and the atmosphere of the meeting is very high and the enjoyment will not lose anything of years to come, in our memory. I love you Lord Jesus Christ 🙂
- Shepherding one another & pursuing corporately 🙂
- ”Christ in me, Christ in you, Christ in us! O what the wonderful story. Christ in me, Christ in you, Christ in us. The hope of Glory!” (chorus #498) I love Christ in one another through mutuality at my home meeting!
- We eat dinner then we eat CHRIST!! Amen!!!!!! He’s so available to us.
- Food!!!! In both senses of the word – physical food and then Christ as our food!
- I love the food, the fellowship with the saints, specific prayers, singing hymns & the sharing!!! I miss all of that…
- I love the Presence of God, the mutual shepherding, the love of the saints….
- As a student living in the dorms and away from home, I get very very cherished with a plate of good food every week… and then to be able to be shepherded by all the saints, like a family…
- I enjoy the fellowship we have while eating, and then afterwards. Thus, before and after the ‘meeting’… since it seems to be more free-flowing.
- The open hearts of the saints visited and also the family atmosphere…
The Homes are God’s Way!
You know, the homes are the God-ordained way for us to be – both humanly and spiritually – born, cared for, cherished, nourished, loved, shepherded, raised up, perfected, blended, trained, and even matured. We need the homes – not just the “home meetings”, but the homes of the saints. We shouldn’t abandon our gathering together as some do (see Heb 10:25) – we need to have a home which is “our own assembly together”. Don’t leave the assembly together but gather with your folks!
Where can we open to the Lord and to the saints to receive shepherding? It is in the homes. Where can we be perfected in the truth and in our speaking? It is in the homes. Where can we open about our day, our situation, our problems, our friends, our family, our relatives, our future, our decisions? It is in a home environment, where we are around the table, we enjoy the nice home-made food, and we can normally, casually, and warmly talk about these matters.
a change in concept: Being in the Homes!
How much we need to have our concept changed from “going to church” or “being in the meetings” to “being in the homes“! The children, the young people, the students, the young adults, the working ones, the parents, the adults, the older ones, the grandparents, the more mature ones – we all of all ages need to be in the homes! Day by day, continuing steadfastly, from house to house, partaking of the bread with exultation and simplicity of heart… (Acts 2:42).
In the homes God can carry out His purpose by perfecting us, building us up, dispensing Himself into us, blending us together, and building up the Body of Christ through the functioning of each member in its measure! The Body is built up in a very normal, sweet, and non-formal way by saints eating together and exercising the spirit to enjoy the Lord together! In this way we can become vital, living, active, and fruit-bearing! The fruit is in the homes – and it is so fresh!
[By the way, the responses were from saints who live in Mexico, Philippines, Canada, London UK, Coventry UK, Mauritius, and South Africa. Become a Fan on Facebook of this blog via, aGodMan.com – enjoying the Lord! I am looking for ways of redeeming our time on Facebook, asking the questions related to our seeking the Lord, and gaining Christ more even in such an evil realm as Facebook! O, Lord, may we redeem our time online! Similar sharing: Facebook question, What Would be Your Prayer to the Lord for the New Year?]
Latest posts by aGodMan (see all)
- Having a Genuine Experience of Christ and Being Transformed for the Church Life - December 13, 2017
- We all need to Take Christ as our Life and Person to Live the Church Life Today - December 12, 2017
- Before the Lord Jesus Comes Back, He will Fully Recover the Proper Church Life - December 11, 2017